It’s popular not only because it looks great in a glass and is refreshing and delicious; it is all-natural too.
Rosé wines, like those from the Durbanville Wine Valley, are made from fruit that loves the sunshine about as much as the excellent Sauvignon Blancs for which the region is known.
We are therefore tickled pink to let you know that a special package from the Durbanville Wine Valley is making its way to you.
A cooler climate generally allows winemakers to craft wines that are fresher and more expressive. Lower temperatures preserve acidity and allow fruit to develop to their best at a slower pace.
In the Durbanville Wine Valley, this means flavours go from good to better and then best!
Durbanville rosé wines comprise a diverse selection, but all can be enjoyed as a simple refresher on a hot day or with a range of dishes including seafood like sushi and oysters to salads and even with a traditional braai.
Included in your package is one bottle each of any two of the wines listed below as well as a specially made wreath, by Durbanville florist Flowerheart, to complement your festive season decorations.
- Bloemendal Merlot Rosé ’22: Easy-drinking, off-dry wine with notes of sweet berries and a rounded acidity.
- D’Aria Blush ’23: Crisp and characterised by hints of cantaloupe, rose, cherry and mulberry.
- De Grendel Rosé ’23: Dry palate with notes of watermelon, raspberry coulis and passion fruit.
- Diemersdal Sauvignon Blanc Rosé ’23: Delicate and lively, showing passion fruit, lime, cherry and strawberry.
- Durbanville Hills Merlot Rosé ’23: Elegant, fresh and crisp with flavours of ripe red berries and Turkish delight.
- Groot Phesantekraal Syrah Rosé ’23: The colour of salmon; elegant and smooth with notes of ripe strawberry.
- Klein Roosboom Rosé ’23: Candyfloss and strawberry notes show with fresh cherries and grapefruit.
- Maastricht Pinotage Rosé ’23: Notes of pomegranate, cranberry with nuances of candy floss and blossoms.
- Meerendal Pinotage Rosé ‘23: A dark, salmon-pink wine that shows sweet strawberries and cream.
Not only are the Durbanville rosé wines finely crafted from the best vineyards by experienced wineries, they’re also exceptionally good value – their prices vary between R84 and R115.